How to dispose of our sustainable shipping packaging
We are a ethical beauty brand that tries our best to create products with little harm to our beautiful planet. Although we are a small business, we recognise that there are little things we can do to have an impact. We are happy to announce that our shipping boxes are made from 100% recycled materials that are recyclable, and that our mailers are 100% compostable (Yaaay team)!
Here’s how you can do your part to help when you’ve received your order:
- Remove all plastics/tape and paper labels on the mailer and on the cardboard box
- Remove the wood wool from the cardboard box and place your bin, this is a biodegradable box filler. Meaning that it will not take years and years to decompose.
- Then put the card board box in the recycling bin or reuse for storage
- For the mailers ensure no tape or plastic is left on it, then place in your home compost bin (the green bin for those in the uk)
- If you do not have a compost bin you can contact your local authority and set one up
Sometimes you might notice that our boxes have been used before (when placing large orders) this is because we try to reuse boxes that we have around when we source our amazing raw ingredients.
The 100% compostable mailers have been certified and approved by all three industry certifiers; TUV Austria, BPI and Dincerto - including certifications for your home compost bin. It takes around 90 days for the mailers to break down in a commercial compost and 180 days in domestic compost conditions.
You can now order from us with your mind at peace knowing that your order is not causing harm to the planet with eco friendly, high quality packaging!